For the eighth consecutive time, IBM is recognized as a Leader in the 2023 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Distributed File Systems and Object Storage for its completeness of vision and for data-driven scale-out storage solutions for unstructured data.
IBM’s global data platform software-defined storage portfolio consists of four products: IBM Storage Scale, IBM Storage Scale System, IBM Cloud Object Storage, and IBM Storage Ceph.
IBM Storage for Data and AI solutions are designed to unlock the power of unstructured data’s potential and accelerate business growth and innovation. This is achieved by improving AI discovery and classification, eliminating data silos, optimizing data and protecting it from unknown. IBM Storage for file and object data is an integrated set of products and services that accelerate AI applications, improve collaboration across sites and workloads, support green and lower cost initiatives, and protect data. The portfolio combines a global data platform and a database cataloging, indexing and policy engine to help solve data and AI challenges faster.
IBM Storage provides four essential services that together make up the global data platform.
Data access services - Expedite AI-discovery and workflows:
• Up to 256GB/s read access and up to 145GB/s write access and up to 13M IOPs;
• Read/Write file or object APIs on same data;
• Supports NFS/SMB/S3/POSIX/HDFS/CSI/Container Native Access/GPUDirect® Storage;
• Deploy on prem or in the cloud for hybrid cloud access and parallel high performance anywhere.
Data caching services - improve collaboration across sites/workloads:
• Connect multi-vendor storage;
• Connect multi-cloud S3 storage (IBM Cloud, AWS, GCP);
• Connect tape for transparent archiving in/out and turn off data for sustainability;
• Active active multi-site replication and availability.
Data management services - support green and lower cost initiatives:
• Policy based archive, data lifecycle and data reduction;
• Included Data Catalog for index, search, and data optimization;
• GUI interface designed for fast and easy configuration, management and troubleshooting;
• Online upgrades and expansion that maintains 24x7 access
Data resiliancy services - Safeguard data from the various threats:
• Safeguarded Copy and CyberVault for cyber resiliency and faster recovery;
• Up to 99.9999 (six nines) availability;
• CyberProtect for proactive enhanced cyber security;
• End to end encryption and SEC17a-4 certified configurations;
• Scale Backup protection.
For more information on purchasing IBM solutions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.