Dell Technologies unveils next-generation PowerEdge Servers that deliver improved performance and have energy efficient design
The manufacturer has expanded its portfolio of PowerEdge servers with thirteen next-generation models designed to improve performance and reliability for demanding computing in data centers, public clouds and physical sites.
Next-generation PowerEdge rack, tower and multi-node servers with 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors incorporate Dell software and engineering advances such as the new Smart Flow design for energy efficiency and cost optimization. Advanced capabilities of Dell APEX will help organizations take an “as-a-service approach” to improve the efficiency of IT operations by maximizing compute resources and minimizing risks.
A number of components contribute to improving the performance of new servers. For example, DDR5 (4800 MT/s) memory with two channels per DIMM. It provides greater data rates and bandwidth, as well as improved telemetry for temperature reporting and systems management. Gen 5 PCIe capabilities deliver double the throughput of Gen 4 PCIe. The new E3.S form factor with PCIe Gen5 NVMe drives delivers increased density, thermal stability, and better placement in space-constrained servers for lower TCO and better price/power ratio. RAID controllers PERC12, which provides higher storage density, better performance and better airflow, and BOSS-N1, which allows to reduce downtime due to faster RAID rebuild.
The new Dell PowerEdge servers are designed for a range of demanding workloads from AI and analytics to large-scale databases. The expanded portfolio includes the PowerEdge XE server family with NVIDIA H100 GPUs and the NVIDIA AI Enterprise software suite for a complete manufacturing platform based on AI and machine learning.
The Dell PowerEdge HS5610 and HS5620 models are streamlined solutions for cloud service providers managing large-scale data centers. Available in 1U and 2U form factors, these new two-socket servers are available with Dell Open Server Manager, an OpenBMC-based solution that simplifies multi-vendor fleet management.
The next-generation PowerEdge servers deliver enhanced performance – for example, the Dell PowerEdge R760 delivers up to 2.9x greater AI inferencing on 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors with Intel Deep Learning Boost and Intel Advanced Matrix Extensions. The model also offers up to a 20% increase in VDI users and over 50% more SAP Sales & Distribution users on one server compared to the previous generation. PowerEdge systems are available with NVIDIA Bluefield-2 data engines to provide additional offload, acceleration and workload isolation, ideal for power efficiency for private, hybrid and multi-cloud deployments.
Enhancements to Dell monitoring software and new services make server management even easier. Among them it is worth noting:
• Dell CloudIQ — software that combines proactive monitoring, machine learning and predictive analytics while offering a comprehensive view of servers wherever they reside. Updates include advancements to server performance forecasting, select maintenance operations and new virtualization and visualization features.
• Dell ProDeploy services. Dell ProDeploy Factory Configuration allows customers to have PowerEdge servers ready to install and pre-configured with the customer's preferred operating system, hypervisor software, and settings for RAID, BIOS, and iDRAC. The Dell ProDeploy Rack Integration provides production-ready racked and networked PowerEdge servers, ideal for companies expanding their data center environments or undergoing an IT modernization.
• The Dell iDRAC Remote Access Controller simplifies system deployment and diagnostics with updated features such as Certificate Expiry Notice, Telemetry for Dell Consoles and GPU monitoring.
The new Dell PowerEdge offer customers up to 3x performance improvement, compared to 14th Gen servers with Intel Xeon Scalable Processors launched in 2017. This provides a reduction floor space required and greater power and efficiency for all next-generation systems.
Key features of the new servers:
• Dell Smart Flow design — increases airflow and reduces fan power by up to 52% compared to previous generation servers. The Smart Flow design supports greater server performance with less power required to cool systems, resulting in more efficient data centers.
• Dell OpenManage Enterprise Power Manager 3.0 software — Customers can better manage efficiency and cooling, monitor carbon emissions and set power caps up to 82% faster to limit overall energy usage. This allows to monitor the overall usage of servers, virtual machines and facility energy consumption, detect leaks in liquid cooling systems, and more.
• Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT) — The EPEAT label is a designation that covers products and services from the technology sector that demonstrate a responsible purchasing decision. Four next-generation Dell PowerEdge servers will have EPEAT silver designation, and 46 systems will be designated EPEAT bronze.
Next-generation PowerEdge servers help accelerate implementation of the Zero Trust model in organizations' IT environments. The systems constantly verify access, assuming every user and device is a potential threat. At the hardware level, Dell Secured Component Verification (SCV), helps verify security at all stages from design to delivery. Additionally, multifactor authentication and integrated iDRAC verifies users before granting access.
Customers looking for operating expenses flexibility can use PowerEdge servers as a subscription through Dell APEX. Using advanced data collection and processor-based measurement by the hour, customers will allow to avoid the costs associated with over-provisioning of compute needs.
Dell Technologies also plans to expand its Dell APEX solution portfolio to offer bare metal compute services locally, at the edge, or in colocation facilities. Services will be available through a monthly subscription and easily configured through the APEX Console, enabling customers to meet their workload and operational needs with scalable and secure compute resources.
For more information on purchasing new servers or other Dell solutions, contact by tel. +38 (044) 492-2929 or e-mail email@example.com.